Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What a long week!

It feels like such an eventful week we had last week. On Tuesday, Westin started preschool and has loved every minute of it. Considering that the boy has prayed to go to preschool for the last 10 months, I knew this would be a great day for him. He tells me everyday that he has the greatest time but that he keeps forgetting to make friends. I'm not too sure what that means but I hardly believe it from "Mister Chatter Box".

On Wednesday we sold our car and bought a new one on Thursday. It is so nice to have the extra space. We made the plunge to a minivan. In high school I would have never thought I would own one. I'm just too practical not to.
Thursday night we left for a little family camping trip. We had the best of intentions to go for 4 nights but we gave in at 3. We found ourselves not being able to talk about anything else except for how much we love our house. That's how we knew it was time.
The kids did so great. They slept great, played and eat lots of junk food. We camped next to a little creek. They had a lot of fun with that!Ben built Westin (and himself) a swing. They played on that forever.
Proof I was there....
Ben and I built a little fort for our kids. I remember making these when I was a kid growing up on camping trips. All in all it was a lot of fun.

A fun surprise on Saturday was that Ben's sister Sarah and her family came and joined us for the night! Thanks for coming and joining us, we had a great time!

7 comments:

Megan said...

woo hoo for wes!! I am so excited for him. You'll have to let me know when he is in school and maybe we could get together with just the girls!

✩Molly✩ said...

Those pictures are adorable! It looks like so much fun I almost wish I had gone, but then I remember how much I hate camping... I love you guys! We need to hang out more!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Oh Kimmy....the minivan already? I guess you DO have 3 kids!! And I'm sure the space is nice. Someday I bet I'll give in, too.
3 nights of camping?? I think that's awesome, especially with little kids..nice job!

Laura said...

Congratulations on joinging the minivan club! It's not so bad! I am glad Sage had a good birthday and you guys had a good camping trip. It's been too long since we chatted. I hope you have a great weekend!

Sarah S. Foote said...

Love the pics. The best part is, I was there so I know it really was that much fun! Love you tons!

Rhonda said...

camping sounds like so much fun! Preschool will be good for you and Sage to have some alone time together too... at least for the next month or so!

Mary-Sunshine said...

What a fun family trip! You are always doing things like that for your kids! GOod for you and congrats on the new car...I was hoping to see a picture.