Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm Hungry


My kids have been telling me every 5 minutes that they are hungry! It is driving me crazy! Not only are they eating me out of house and home, but it is totally out of character for them. We are not snackers and they have not usually eaten too much. I have some theories I will share with you.


1. They are going through a growth spurt. This is probably the most likely one but for some reason I'm having a hard time accepting it.


2. They are really just bored. This one is also plausible because I am no fun. In fact, I am a fun crasher, I hate fun.


3. They want the attention. They want me to have that interaction of "what do you want" or "this is what you can have". This is also possible, I'm pulled just a few ways through out my day.
My only way of dealing with this is to give in. If I tell them to wait till the next meal, I have too much guilt so I must figure this out. We attempt to make it healthy. By doing that I'm hoping that they will buckle around their motives if they truly are theory 2 or 3. If it is theory number 1, then I am being a really good Mom!


10 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I vote for theory number 1 and You are a great mom!!! Your biggest problem is probably that child number 3 eats all the time and so even just an increase in hunger from 1 and 2 seems like, SERIOUSLY, who isn't hungry!!! :) Look at you and healthy snacks. Just think of it as a great way to get all those fruit and veggies in! My doctor said a few weeks ago to just watch the meal because if they slack off on the real meal, they may be choosing to eat the snack and have that be their meal. Like cool I will have apple slices and pretzels who needs a ham sandwich?! :)

Laura said...

Send them around to the Frier establishment. Daniel and Jodi would love the fun and I am sure you would love the peace- please call soon!

Sarah S. Foote said...

You are so funny! Love the post and your kids. Maybe it's the age. My boys are hungry hippos. Ty ate 3 plain hot dogs last night. AND 1.5 ice cream sandwiches. I kept thinking where is he putting all this.

Megan said...

I love your "i hate fun"
It is cracking me up

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

You are so funny! You are not a fun crasher. Do I need to share some "fun" NAU stories about you??

Anonymous said...

HEY!! Love those cute faces!
I am so sad that I wasn't able to go with you this morning! How was it? PLEASE plan another trip so that I can go.
Love ya!

Crandell Fam said...

My kids seem to be always wanting to eat, too...but usually just snacks. And not the healthy ones! I love the idea of having healthy fruits and veggies for snacks. Maybe I can sell them on that idea??? Hey, can you email me your address so I can send you a very late "New Year's" card?

Crandell Fam said...

woops...here's my email: jenwren2@gmail.com. Thanks!

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

HAHAHAHA! I HATE FUN! you are awesome!

I hate fun too!

Jenni Sue said...

You are so funny. I know you like to have fun a little bit. I always know if it's a growth spurt when they're willing to eat anything, like fruits and veggies. I'm not too convinced when Landon won't eat the banana I offered him and only wants "that piece of candy". So fun.