Westin had a birthday last week. He made out like a bandit. That morning, he let me sleep in a little (which was so nice) and then he came in to tell me he was hungry. I gave him a big smile and I said "Happy Birthday!". He was so excited, he had totally forgot from us reminding him the night before. I know that will never happen again. Ben's family had a tradition of making every ones birthday just like Christmas. All the presents get opened first thing when you wake up in the morning. We have tried to do the same thing. If your not careful, it would be easy to mix up the pictures of birthday and Christmas, they look the same.
On another note...
I've heard a couple of people say they are printing their blog into a book so that it truly is a journal, not just a journal you can read online. I think that is a great idea. If I have any plans of doing that I need to become a better blogger.
3 comments:
I love that you took advantage of that last birthday snooze! He is such a sweet boy. It was fun to see him get excited about his birthday.
I am glad he had a great birthday. I am sorry I am totally absent minded, and even after we talked that day I totally forgot about the little get together at my parents' house. One day, I will meet that little man of yours!
Have you heard how people are going about printing their blogs? It is a pretty good idea... there is a line between going on and losing the audience and sharing all of your tender feelings. Too Deep. :)
Post a Comment